Monday, May 21, 2012

Sally's Visit - Skittle Mani with Gradient Accent

So I just renewed my Sally's Card (YAY!)  They sent me my monthly flyer reminding me that it was about to expire and there was a coupon on the back for 15% off and a free Ion or Silk Elements product!  I  ended up being good and just bought some Seche, renewed my card and got a free Ion Conditioner for just a little over 10 bucks!  I think their card is a great deal.  If you don't have one, GET ONE.  I know you might be thinking you don't want to spend the 5 bucks for a card but you get a $5 off coupon for your next visit and there is no set amount that you have to spend to use it.  You can just buy $5 worth of product if you want to.  You also get discounts on just about everything and sometimes it's a pretty good discount.  Just browse around the store and look for the Beauty Club price.  You can save a lot of cash! 

The next day I went back (since I had my $5 coupon) and bought some of the Sally Girl polishes and a bottle of the Beauty Secrets brand thinner.  I used to have the Orly Thinner and let me tell you, the Beauty Secrets brand works just as well!  The bottle is bigger and a little less expensive.  The only down side is the bottle design.  The Orly Thinner has a really nice squeeze bottle top and it's very easy to dispense just a drop or 2.  The Beauty Secrets brand thinner has a flip up spout.  It doesn't just spill out but it's easy to get carried away.  Aside from that, it's great!  I accidentally left a bottle of polish partially open and didn't realize it for a long time.  It was all but completely dried up.  I poured a good deal of thinner in there, mixed it up with an orange stick and then shook the hell out of it!  It totally saved my polish.

Anyway, I didn't intend to ramble on like that but I really love that card and wanted to tell you about the more frugal option of thinner!  What I really wanted to do was show you the mani I did later that night with my Sally Girl minis! (plus one Spoiled)




Unfortunately I can't positively remember the name of the pink on my index finger!  It might be Blink Of Pink but I can't find it on the site. However the rest (middle to pinkie) are Chillax, Epic and Spoiled 2 Weeks Sober. Chillax is more blue then it looks in this picture.

I love the Sally Girl polishes, they always apply really well and dry quickly for me!  Have you tried them?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment