Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Curiouser and Curiouser - Day 24 - Inspired by a Book

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!  Again I've been totally slacking off on posting these pictures on time.  Between work, painting my nails and geeking out on other people's nails I just haven't gotten around to posting. 

I chose "Alice in Wonderland" as my book.  I wanted to make it look like the red paint was dripping off a rose but it kept coming out looking like blood.  Not the look I was going for this time!

Here is my end result.


For some reason the heart was giving me more trouble then all the other shapes.  Actually, I think I know what it was.  My middle fingers are both crooked at the tips so it was hard to get it centered.  I'll have to take a picture of that someday soon. They have always been that way and it tends to cause my nail to wear down and break at the corner.  When I used to get acrylics done, people would say "They put that nail on crooked!" and I would say "No, they put my finger is on crooked."

Used mostly acrylic paints for this one but I used NYC French White and Claire's Secret Garden as my base colors.

2 comments: