Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nerdy Nails - Day 23 - Inspired by a Movie

Watchmen!  Great graphic novel & good movie.  I was going to do this one for tomorrows challenge which is "Inspired by a Book" . However,  my other book idea is also a movie, I decided I'd just do this one today!

Here I used Hard Candy Splendid as my Yellow base, NYC French White as my white base  and a mix of a Sally Girl Teal color and Claire's Secret Garden for the blue base. For the designs I used acrylic paints.  You can see how thick it came out in close of the close ups!

Sorry if it's redundant,  I felt the need to catch this one from a few different angles!






The Night Owl Nail was very thick.







This is by far my favorite mani of this challenge.  I am pretty impressed with myself here!  It turned out so much better then I thought it would. The only trouble I had here was Night Owl.  I did it 4-5 times before I was happy. I couldn't get just the right angle on his mask.  Oh and I messed up a bit on the happy face nail but I just fixed that up with some of the Hardy Candy Splendid, topped it with Seche and you can't even tell!  That stuff is just magical.

Have you read "Watchmen" or at least seen the movie?  I recommend both but if you only choose one, choose the graphc novel!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out my blog post to find out how this works! http://polishandsuch.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fricken awesome Chandra!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they were my favorite and I ended up having to remove them before I could really show em off!

      Delete