Sunday, March 25, 2012

Space Nails!

When I saw my first set of space nails, I had a nerdgasm and said "OMG I HAVE TO DO THAT!".  Okay, well I said something like that or thought it....well, I may have actually said it out loud to myself.  Sometimes I don't realize I'm talking to myself so I can't be sure.

Honestly, I took this pic a while back before I started my blog but I really wanted to share it.  It looked so neat in the sun, you could see through the layers of color and it really looked like nebulae! I couldn't stop staring at them.

In addition to the black base, I used Claire's - Aqua, Sally Hansen -Twisted Pink and NYC - Taxi Yellow which I sponged on with a little piece of a make-up sponge.  Then I added a few small white dots with a dotting tool and little NYC - Starry Sliver glitter in the plain black areas to create, as the polish name indicates...STARS!  You can find some good tutorials on YouTube to see exactly how it's done.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. These look great! I'm tagging you on my blog for the Versatile Blogger award, you should go check it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well thank you! I'll definitely check that!

    ReplyDelete